With just over four weeks before we leave for France we have a tentative itinerary for our summer adventure. We will be in Burgundy the entire time. Our plan has us doing about 1500 KM over 12 weeks. This sounds ambitious but works out to only 10 miles or so a day so should be doable. The side trip to Roanne (Leg 4) and the little jog north on the Saône (Leg 3) can be dropped if we are running behind.
And so far we have three visiting groups:
- Francis and Emilie (May 20-May 27, Leg 1)
- Jackie, David, Emory (~May 31 – June 3, Leg 2)
- John and Christin (June 27 – July 10, Leg 5)
So we still have spots open for anyone who wants to join us! Here is a summary of the nine sections (though I expect this to change somewhat):
- Joigny to Montbard : May 20 to May 27, 110 Km, 53 Locks
- Montbard to Dijon: May 28 to June 3, 109 Km, 118 Locks!
- Dijon to Chalon Sur Saône: June 5 to June 14, 225 Km, 27 Locks
- Chalon Sur Saône to Decize: June 15 to June 27, 293 Km, 96 Locks
- Decize to Auxerre : June 28 to July 10, 182 Km, 120 Locks
- Auxerre to Moret-sur-Loing: July 11 to July 17, 120 Km, 27 Locks
- Moret-sur-Loing to Briare: July 18 to July 23, 105 Km, 55 Locks
- Briare to Decize: July 24 to July 30, 130 Km, 25 Locks
- Decize to Joigny: July 31 to Aug 12, 205 Km 129 Locks